- Goals & Objectives
- Helping women get A Step Ahead
- A Step Ahead Foundation 2011-2012 Evaluation Tracking Report
- A Different Kind of Work - LARC
- Three Tips for Moms-To-Be
- Lifting Health Through Collaboration
- Women Recognized At A Step Ahead Scholarship Program
- Abortions Decline by Nearly 37 Percent in Shelby County
- Are you a Step Ahead client? We want to hear from you!
- ASAF Tours Crosstown!
- Photos - Hocus Pocus
- Read About Abigail's Story
- Meet Theresa, an ASAF client!
- 2018 Annual Community Partner Lunch and Awards
- Introducing: GuyTalk!
- Meet our New Executive Director, Nikki Gibbs
- A Step Ahead talks HIV Awareness on WREG News Channel 3 Live at 9
- Our Staff
- Board of Directors
- Join Our Team
- Participating Health Centers
- Not in Memphis?
Nice to meet you!
Hi! My name is Deena Jean, and I am so excited to join the A Step Ahead Foundation family as the new Volunteer Coordinator. I am originally from South Florida, so I have a natural love for the beach, palm trees and mangoes.
Growing up in such an aesthetically pleasing environment crafted my love for pictures. I love to look at them, but I also love to take them. However, I left the beaches, palm trees and mangoes behind to come to Memphis in August 2018. Some people may say I’m crazy, but I have come to love this city. Aside from the gorgeous skyline (especially at sunset) and the beauty of the changing of the leaves (there is no Fall in South Florida), the story of Memphis has been very inspirational to me. Previous to A Step Ahead Foundation, I had the opportunity to work with City Leadership, better known as Choose901. While there I got a crash course in Memphis. I learned so much about the city that allowed me to greatly appreciate my new home.
It is a pleasure to be able to continue my journey in such a rich city that cares about its people, and even better to do that with a great organization like A Step Ahead Foundation. My goal as the new Volunteer Coordinator is to make our volunteers feel the most appreciated they have ever felt before. I would love to find creative ways to use the skills of each volunteer to benefit the work we’re doing and the community we’re serving. I believe that there is so much potential for how A Step Ahead could move forward with the help of our wonderful, passionate, dedicated volunteers, and I am ready to unlock them.
Volunteers are invalubale to the work we do at A Step Ahead Foundation. We hope you can join us in working towards reducing teen and unintended pregnancy in Shelby County.
- Health Fair Volunteers
- Event support (fundraising, outreach, awareness)
- Outreach Material Preparation
- Invitations and Holiday Cards
- Community Events
- ...And many more!
For more information and to volunteer, please contact Deena Jean at deena [at] astepaheadfoundation [dot] org.