- Goals & Objectives
- Our Staff
- Helping women get A Step Ahead
- A Step Ahead Foundation 2011-2012 Evaluation Tracking Report
- A Different Kind of Work - LARC
- Three Tips for Moms-To-Be
- Lifting Health Through Collaboration
- Women Recognized At A Step Ahead Scholarship Program
- Abortions Decline by Nearly 37 Percent in Shelby County
- Are you a Step Ahead client? We want to hear from you!
- ASAF Tours Crosstown!
- Photos - Hocus Pocus
- Read About Abigail's Story
- Meet Theresa, an ASAF client!
- 2018 Annual Community Partner Lunch and Awards
- Board of Directors
- Join Our Team
- Participating Health Centers
- Not in Memphis?
What is Guy Talk?
A FUN, FREE and informative multi-week program that introduces topics related to healthy relationships and changes young men experience. Topics will include: male anatomy, basic hygiene, healthy consent, abstinence, how to prevent STI/HIV, responsibility, and where to find birth control in Memphis. Guys have the opportunity to make #iPlans by writing down their goals. We also provide them with a career/life roadmap.
Who can attend Guy Talk?
Any young man between the ages of 13-17, who wants to learn about planning his life and his family.
We welcome all organizations, including schools, community centers, churches, and more.
Why do we need Guy Talk?
Studies have shown that young men have an important role to play in promoting reproductive health. Their involvement in contraceptive decision making has been shown to increase the use of effective methods of pregnancy and STD prevention.
When is Guy Talk?
We will work with you and your team to schedule a day and time that is convenient for you.
How much is Guy Talk?
Guy Talk is a free program offered to groups, schools, organizations, and more in Shelby County.
How do I schedule a Guy Talk?
Contact one of our Community Outreach team members today.
Jerome Davis, Guy Talk Educator
jerome [at] astepaheadfoundation [dot] org
Belinda Simpson, Director of Community Outreach
belinda [at] astepaheadfoundation [dot] org