- Goals & Objectives
- Helping women get A Step Ahead
- A Step Ahead Foundation 2011-2012 Evaluation Tracking Report
- A Different Kind of Work - LARC
- Three Tips for Moms-To-Be
- Lifting Health Through Collaboration
- Women Recognized At A Step Ahead Scholarship Program
- Abortions Decline by Nearly 37 Percent in Shelby County
- Are you a Step Ahead client? We want to hear from you!
- ASAF Tours Crosstown!
- Photos - Hocus Pocus
- Read About Abigail's Story
- Meet Theresa, an ASAF client!
- 2018 Annual Community Partner Lunch and Awards
- Introducing: GuyTalk!
- 2018 Scholarship Luncheon Photos
- Meet our New Executive Director, Nikki Gibbs
- Our Staff
- Board of Directors
- Job Opportunities
- Participating Health Centers
- Not in Memphis?
Three Kinds Of Free Birth Control
We offer all Shelby County free access to easy to use, reversible methods of birth control. We make it easy to plan and get a step ahead in life. To make an appointment, call 901-320-7837.
If you have already received services through A Step Ahead Foundation, please click here to take our survey and tell us about your experience.
Free Cab Rides
All clients can get a free cab ride to and from their appointment. Rides are arranged by the call center when you call to make an appointment.
If you are not sure which birth control method is right for you and your body, the medical professionals at our partner clinics will talk through the decision with you to help you decide the best method for you.
Comprehensive Medical Visit
A Step Ahead Foundation believes in best medical practices and provides a bundle of services with your appointment for long-term reversible birth control. These may include; pregnancy test, STI/STD testing, PAP smear, cost of the birth control and the cost for the medical providers time.
Free Means Free
If you don’t have insurance we will cover the full cost. Our goal is to ensure that all Shelby County women can access low maintenance, highly effective, reversible birth control with no out of pocket cost. A Step Ahead Foundation is here to make sure that you never get a bill for your birth control appointment through us. We do this by serving as the payer of last resort. That means the clinic will charge TennCare, Title X or your private insurance but if there are any left over costs A Step Ahead Foundation will pay them.
Our Birth Control
A Step Ahead Foundation only provides the most effective methods of birth control. All of our birth control is reversible, so it can be removed by a health care provider at any time.
Still have questions about how to get birth control? Check our FAQs page.