- Goals & Objectives
- Helping women get A Step Ahead
- A Step Ahead Foundation 2011-2012 Evaluation Tracking Report
- A Different Kind of Work - LARC
- Three Tips for Moms-To-Be
- Lifting Health Through Collaboration
- Women Recognized At A Step Ahead Scholarship Program
- Abortions Decline by Nearly 37 Percent in Shelby County
- Are you a Step Ahead client? We want to hear from you!
- ASAF Tours Crosstown!
- Photos - Hocus Pocus
- Read About Abigail's Story
- Meet Theresa, an ASAF client!
- 2018 Annual Community Partner Lunch and Awards
- Introducing: GuyTalk!
- 2018 Scholarship Luncheon Photos
- Our Staff
- Board of Directors
- Job Opportunities
- Participating Health Centers
- Not in Memphis?
2018-2019 Scholarship Recipients
Thao Anh La
The Step Ahead Scholarship program is dedicated to recognizing and providing financial support for promising young women from the greater Memphis community who are committed to public service in the areas of academic success and effective, responsible life planning. The program awards multiple scholarships to young women who plan to pursue a career in public health or social services and promote a wider understanding and use of the most effective contraceptives to assist Memphians in planning their lives and achieving their educational and career goals.
Multiple scholarships of at least $2,000 are awarded from a $200,000 fund. Awards are based on strength of application and estimated financial need. Each award is a one-time, annual scholarship—but recipients are encouraged to maintain good academic status and reapply each year as needed. Since its inception in 2014, $500,000 has been awarded to outstanding young women in the Memphis Community.
“Being able to attend and complete college is so important to the women in our community. We want to empower all women to achieve their hopes and dreams.”
- Claudia Haltom, Founder and CEO of A Step Ahead Foundation
2017-2018 Scholarship Recipients
Thao Anh La
Gia Nhu Vo
2016-2017 Step Ahead Scholarship Recipients