- Goals & Objectives
- Helping women get A Step Ahead
- A Step Ahead Foundation 2011-2012 Evaluation Tracking Report
- A Different Kind of Work - LARC
- Three Tips for Moms-To-Be
- Lifting Health Through Collaboration
- Women Recognized At A Step Ahead Scholarship Program
- Abortions Decline by Nearly 37 Percent in Shelby County
- Are you a Step Ahead client? We want to hear from you!
- ASAF Tours Crosstown!
- Photos - Hocus Pocus
- Read About Abigail's Story
- Meet Theresa, an ASAF client!
- 2018 Annual Community Partner Lunch and Awards
- Introducing: GuyTalk!
- Meet our New Executive Director, Nikki Gibbs
- A Step Ahead talks HIV Awareness on WREG News Channel 3 Live at 9
- Our Staff
- Board of Directors
- Join Our Team
- Participating Health Centers
- Not in Memphis?
A Million Dollars for a Million Dreams
The Step Ahead Scholarship program is dedicated to recognizing and providing financial support for promising young women from the greater Memphis community who are committed to public service in the areas of academic success and effective, responsible life planning.
SInce its inception in 2014, $1,000,000 has been awarded to outstanding young women in the Memphis community. Multiple scholarships of at least $2,000 have been awarded from a $300,000 fund. Awards are based on strength of application and estimated financial need. Each award is a one-time, annual scholarship—but recipients are encouraged to maintain good academic status and reapply each year as needed.
“Being able to attend and complete college is so important to the women in our community. We want to empower all women to achieve their hopes and dreams.” - Claudia Haltom, Founder/Director of Donor Relations, A Step Ahead Foundation
What is your million dollar dream?
Congratulations to our 2019-2020 Scholarship Recipients!
Le Nericka Beasley
Thao Anh La