- Goals & Objectives
- Helping women get A Step Ahead
- A Step Ahead Foundation 2011-2012 Evaluation Tracking Report
- A Different Kind of Work - LARC
- Three Tips for Moms-To-Be
- Lifting Health Through Collaboration
- Women Recognized At A Step Ahead Scholarship Program
- Abortions Decline by Nearly 37 Percent in Shelby County
- Are you a Step Ahead client? We want to hear from you!
- ASAF Tours Crosstown!
- Photos - Hocus Pocus
- Read About Abigail's Story
- Meet Theresa, an ASAF client!
- 2018 Annual Community Partner Lunch and Awards
- Introducing: GuyTalk!
- 2018 Scholarship Luncheon Photos
- Meet our New Executive Director, Nikki Gibbs
- A Step Ahead talks HIV Awareness on WREG News Channel 3 Live at 9
- Our Staff
- Board of Directors
- Job Opportunities
- Participating Health Centers
- Not in Memphis?
The Step Ahead Scholarship program is dedicated to recognizing and providing financial support for promising young women from the greater Memphis community who are committed to public service in the areas of academic success and effective, responsible life planning. The program awards multiple scholarships to young women who plan to pursue a career in public health or social services and promote a wider understanding and use of the most effective contraceptives to assist Memphians in planning their lives and achieving their educational and career goals.
Multiple scholarships of at least $2,000 are awarded from a $300,000 fund. Awards are based on strength of application and estimated financial need. Each award is a one-time, annual scholarship—but recipients are encouraged to maintain good academic status and reapply each year as needed. Since its inception in 2014, $700,000 has been awarded to outstanding young women in the Memphis Community.
“Being able to attend and complete college is so important to the women in our community. We want to empower all women to achieve their hopes and dreams.”
- Claudia Haltom, Founder/Director of Donor Relations, A Step Ahead Foundation
2019-2020 Scholarship Application
BankTennessee is pleased to announce that the application process for the 2019-2020 A Step Ahead Scholarship is now open. The Step Ahead Scholarship program is a collaborative effort of A Step Ahead Foundation and Girls Inc. of Memphis to support their commitment to encouraging the educational advancement and leadership development of young women in the greater Memphis community.
Completed scholarship packets are due April 5th.
Click here to learn more and download the scholarship application.
Questions or technical assistance needed, email scholarship [at] astepaheadfoundation [dot] org.
See examples of past scholarship recipient videos below for your review.
2018-2019 Scholarship Recipients
Thao Anh La