- Goals & Objectives
- Helping women get A Step Ahead
- A Step Ahead Foundation 2011-2012 Evaluation Tracking Report
- A Different Kind of Work - LARC
- Three Tips for Moms-To-Be
- Lifting Health Through Collaboration
- Women Recognized At A Step Ahead Scholarship Program
- Abortions Decline by Nearly 37 Percent in Shelby County
- Are you a Step Ahead client? We want to hear from you!
- ASAF Tours Crosstown!
- Photos - Hocus Pocus
- Read About Abigail's Story
- Meet Theresa, an ASAF client!
- 2018 Annual Community Partner Lunch and Awards
- Introducing: GuyTalk!
- 2018 Scholarship Luncheon Photos
- Our Staff
- Board of Directors
- Job Opportunities
- Participating Health Centers
- Not in Memphis?
My job requires me to carry some pretty interesting things. Things that might embarrass some but not me or my teammates.
You see, I am the Director of Community Outreach for A Step Ahead Foundation, a nonprofit that provides FREE Long Term Reversible Contraceptives or LARC for short, to the women of Shelby County.
At ANY given time you will find in my car or purse for that matter…. Condoms, models of the female reproductive system, or actual models of the methods that we provide. You can visit our website at www.astepaheadfoundation.org to learn more.
My trunk is a very interesting place. I keep displays and supplies ready at a moment’s notice. I never know when I might have to pull out my stuff and do a presentation.
Earlier this week I was picking up my car from the shop. The young man that was helping me had to go in my trunk. The first thing that he saw when he opened the trunk was a big detailed display of the female reproductive system. I can only imagine what he was thinking.
The conversations at work can go from zero to weird real quick.
“Do we have anymore condoms?”
“Yes, there are a few BOXES in the closet”
“Has anyone seen my uterus?”
“No, but you can borrow mine”
When male guest come into the office we give them fair warning about the possible conversations that might happen. Hey, we have work to do and they are more than welcome to join in.
Sometimes it can seem like a sorority house (a term our CEO has adopted). But we all enjoy what we do. Work does not have to be boring. Why should it be?
At A Step Ahead Foundation we are helping the women in our community take control of their lives by planning their families and future.
Not everyone gets to enjoy the work that they do but I am truly blessed that I do!
What is the strangest thing that has happened to you at work?
Beewisdom- The only way to do great work is to love what you do!!