- Goals & Objectives
- Our Staff
- Helping women get A Step Ahead
- A Step Ahead Foundation 2011-2012 Evaluation Tracking Report
- A Different Kind of Work - LARC
- Three Tips for Moms-To-Be
- Lifting Health Through Collaboration
- Women Recognized At A Step Ahead Scholarship Program
- Abortions Decline by Nearly 37 Percent in Shelby County
- Are you a Step Ahead client? We want to hear from you!
- ASAF Tours Crosstown!
- Photos - Hocus Pocus
- Read About Abigail's Story
- Meet Theresa, an ASAF client!
- 2018 Annual Community Partner Lunch and Awards
- Introducing: GuyTalk!
- Board of Directors
- Join Our Team
- Participating Health Centers
- Not in Memphis?
New Leadership, Same Mission
A Step Ahead Foundation empowers women to reach their life goals by eliminating barriers to voluntary, long-acting, reversible birth control through educational programming, services, and funding.
A Step Ahead Foundation strives to improve educational, economic, and health outcomes for women by providing access to the most effective reversible methods of birth control. Preventing unplanned pregnancy encourages educational and career opportunities, reduces economic strain, and leads to lower infant mortality and positive future pregnancy outcomes.
Claudia Haltom founded a A Step Ahead Foundation in 2011 driven by her 17 years of experience as a Juvenile Court Judicial Magistrate. From the bench, Haltom saw and ruled on cases in which the parent was a single mother who had become pregnant while she was in school, dropped out, and had one or more babies before she was emotionally, physically, or financially prepared to provide for her children.
Before A Step Ahead Foundation was founded many young women did not have easy access to the most effective methods of reversible birth control. Claudia Haltom resolved to devote her retirement to making sure all women had access to birth control so they could plan their futures and achieve their full potential.