- Goals & Objectives
- Helping women get A Step Ahead
- A Step Ahead Foundation 2011-2012 Evaluation Tracking Report
- A Different Kind of Work - LARC
- Three Tips for Moms-To-Be
- Lifting Health Through Collaboration
- Women Recognized At A Step Ahead Scholarship Program
- Abortions Decline by Nearly 37 Percent in Shelby County
- Are you a Step Ahead client? We want to hear from you!
- ASAF Tours Crosstown!
- Photos - Hocus Pocus
- Read About Abigail's Story
- Meet Theresa, an ASAF client!
- 2018 Annual Community Partner Lunch and Awards
- Introducing: GuyTalk!
- Our Staff
- Board of Directors
- Participating Health Centers
- Not in Memphis?
A Step Ahead Foundation offers women in Memphis and Shelby County free long-acting reversible contraception (LARC) to prevent unplanned pregnancies.
We offer free access to easy to use, reversible methods of contraception. We make it easy for you to plan your family and get a step ahead in life.
Frequently Asked Questions
What if I don't have insurance?
What if I have insurance?
Our partner health center will bill your private insurance first, but we will pay any co-pay and/or deductibles for Shelby County residents. There will be no out of pocket costs to any of our patients.Get More Answers »
What does the appointment include?
With any appointment for free birth control, we provide a free woman's health screening including a pregnancy test and STD test. If you are over 21, you will also receive a free pap test.Get More Answers »